Friday, March 14, 2014

Snowblowing and Pig Wrangling

The latest and greatest winter storm didn't result in quite what was predicted but still created a bit of a mess to clean...especially after Teresa got her car stuck in the driveway.  As a result of the foot or so of snow and ice, I have been spending my evenings shoveling and snowblowing.  I was almost finished with the back drive last night when I had to do a double take.  I had Izzy to my right and I saw Piper running down the path to the house on my left with a pig following.  A pig?  Yes, a pig.  Luckily, Piper turned and stopped the pig from reaching the house as I stumbled to get the snowblower shut off.  As I made my way toward the corner of the barn, I was met by Penelope who was running somewhat frantically straight in my direction.  Without much thought, I attempted to stop the rather large hog in her tracks.  Imagine my surprise when she tucked her head and put me onto her back where I stayed for a few paces before falling off into the snow.  I was quickly on my feet again and was able to turn her back towards the barn.  The next ten minutes were spent yelling for Teresa (oblivious inside watching a video) and trying to keep Penelope from going up the road.  Luckily, the pig ran into the barn and I was able to close her into one of the stalls.  Taking the opportunity to regroup, I enlisted Teresa as backup and we ultimately herded the now exhausted pig back into her pen to be reunited with Willow.  In all, a great way to spend an evening. 

No comments:

Post a Comment